Monday 20 May 2013

What if it were illegal to wear clothes?

MutedWhat if it were illegal to wear clothes?

What if it were the law to wear a temperature-controlled body suit made of fetus membrane ... every day?

What if you were a singer, and it was illegal to sing?

What if you sang anyway, and got detained by a LEO, and punished by having your vocal chords violently slashed, and eardrums perforated?

What if multiple offenders were killed for their skin?

Would you commit suicide? Drown yourself in the river?

Concetta would.

But something stops her in her tracks ...

Would you like to read her story?

Email me if you're interested in reviewing a copy of my latest release, a cyberpunk/dystopian short story in verse.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that one has a lot of twists to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if it were illegal to wear clothes, the world would be an ugly place for the most part. Not a lot of us are pretty underneath these trappings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, Jessica! This sounds CRAZY! (good! --crazy good!)

    Your imagination is just ... awesome.

    I can't wait to read this~

    xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Muted sounds hectic! And the cover is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess .. the cover is amazing .. and I love your summary - as LTM says you're imagination is 'crazily clever' ...

    So good for you - I agree with Michael though .. it would be an unpleasant world to look at!! Too many pendulae ...

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That's an interesting premise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your novel truly sounds fantastic! I wish you all the very best, Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris