Friday 31 August 2012

I'm very excited to announce ...

Profile picture... that I have just signed over the print rights for String Bridge to the magnificent Aussie publisher, eMergent Publishing.

I am seriously seriously blessed to have crossed paths with the amazingly talented founding partner of eMergent, Jodi Cleghorn. She is a breath of fresh air. Her passion, commitment, and enthusiasm for encouraging emerging writers is awe-inspiring and inspirational. In 2011, the Chair of Queensland named her the 2nd recipient of the Kris Hembury Encouragement Award for Emerging Artist at the Aurealis Awards in Sydney. You should check out her blog and follow!

I first crossed paths with Jodi, when a short story of mine was accepted into eMergent's anthology, 100 Stories for Queensland, which was published to help raise money for Queensland flood relief in May of 2011.

Since 2009, eMergent Publishing has produced "conceptual fiction anthologies which push the boundaries of form and structure. [They] seek to find new permutations and relevance for the short story in the rapidly changing digital landscape."

String Bridge will be their first single author mainstream novel. I am so so proud to be a part of their team, and to help establish them as a publisher of full-length fiction.

On another awesome note, I've changed my author website! Like?

25 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on your eMergent deal. I'm heading over to their site now. And LOve your new website. The artwork is great, the content easy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jessica! So excited for you. And love your new website design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Jessica! Bet that's a huge relief to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! And they are fabulous. Having gotten to know Jodi now over the past year, I can be certain that I am in good hands. :)

      Delete
  4. Eek!! I saw this announcement on FB, this morning!! So happy for you. And yeah...Love the new website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sheri! :) I can't believe this only happened this morning. On the day of the blue moon!

      Delete
  5. Double awesome. I mean, with all that awesome weighing you down, you might just fall over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Karen. It is! I'm so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Remember - always land on the grass.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's some great news. Hope the book is a big success Down Under.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! This is wonderful news. I'm giving you and String Bridge a little shout out today on my blog, Melissa's Imaginarium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Melissa! Wow. what a lovely surprise! THANK YOU!

      Delete
  10. Congratulations!! And I love the new look to your website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is really great!!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Came over from Melissa's blog to say congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great news all round. Hope you sell lots of copies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on being their first single author mainstream novel Jessica. Lead the pack

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!! Super congrats!! It's well deserved, good lady!

    ReplyDelete

“I'm using my art to comment on what I see. You don't have to agree with it.” ~John Mellencamp

“Allowing an unimportant mistake to pass without comment is a wonderful social grace” ~Judith S. Marin

“I don't ever try to make a serious social comment.” ~Paul McCartney

“I'd make a comment at a meeting and nobody would even acknowledge me. Then some man would say the same thing and they'd all nod.” ~Charlotte Bunch

“Probably what my comment meant was that I don't care about the circumstances if I can tell the truth.” ~Sally Kirkland

“We're not going to pay attention to the silliness and the petty comments. And quite frankly, women have joined me in this effort, and so it's not about appearances. It's about effectiveness.” ~Katherine Harris